Bhel Puri - Desi Style Puffed Rice

                        Bhel Puri - Desi Style Puffed Rice


      The mango dal requires very sour green mango to get that sourness in it. So I thought of adding it to the chaat, which I was thinking to make from long. Summer time means chat time to me. I don’t know why, but I love chats a lot especially during summers. When I was in Bangalore, I had chat shop very near to my house, where I use to go to indulge different chats at least twice a week.


INGREDIENTS:
2 cups Puffed rice
1 Onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 Tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
½ cup diced Raw Mango
3 tbsp. minced fresh springs Coriander leaves
2-3 tbsp. Peanuts, roasted
4-6 tbsp. Sev (I did not add it as I could not find it in near by shop)
2 tbsp. fried Moong Dal, optional
1½ tbsp. Red Chutney *
1 tbsp. Green Chutney *
1½ tbsp. Brown Chutney/Sweet Chutney *
Salt


How to make Bhel Puri:
PREPARATION:

1.Sprinkle a pinch of salt and red chili powder on diced raw mango and set aside.
2.In a wide bowl, mix in sliced onions, sliced tomato, puffed rice, peanuts, red chutney, green chutney and brown chutney. Now add in above raw mango pieces and toss gently. Season with salt if required.
3.Add fresh minced coriander, sev and fried moong dal. Toss and serve immediately.
4.I could not resist anymore, so as soon as I completed my shoot, dragged a chair and polished of the bowl in no time.

NOTE:
1.You can find the recipe for this chutney’s in Chatpati Bhel Puri recipe. I skipped lemon juice, as I was adding raw mango. You can add if you like more sourness in the chat.

                                                                                                                       THANK YOU,READERS!

Comments